Laura Flores, a San Diego nutritionist claims asparagus, "provides a wide variety of antioxidant nutrients, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin E, and the minerals zinc, manganese and selenium."
The history on vegetables must be one of the most fascinating factors because they date back centuries. Galen, a physician who settled in the time of the second century was privy to the amazing preventative properties asparagus holds true till today.
What makes Asparagus so great for you?
Asparagus feeds our microbiome and cleanses our digestive and urinary track. This is beneficial because when we consume unhealthy foods or take in too many toxins from the environment asparagus helps our cells rejuvenate. This is a natural detoxifier for our bodies.
These thin green stalks are filled with tons of nutrients. Low in calories high in nutritional value. This super stalk contains vitamins C, K and folate.
The super antioxidants in this vegetable is known to slow down the aging process. Fighting stress and cognitive decline working with vitamin partner B12 and glutathione. Glutathione supports neurotransmitters keeping us energized and focus. Glutathione is also a super antioxidant which aids in so many health factors in the body acting as a detoxifying compound that can help destroy carcinogens.
It also contains chromium, a trace mineral that helps insulin do its job transporting glucose.
The only thing asparagus has a negative effect on is Gout and kidney stones due to the purines that promote uric acid production. For everyone else this powerhouse stalk should be consumed at a minimum of twice a week simply to cleanse the body.
Fun facts about Asparagus
- Did you know asparagus comes in three colors: white, green and purple?
- The darker the vegetable the higher the antioxidant profile. We need antioxidants to purify and clean the body's cells from free radicals.
- Consume asparagus whilst they are fresh, (no longer than three days from purchase) or the taste simply won't be the same. I like to air fry them for 5 minutes get a nice crisp and eat as I would a French fry.
- OmegaBiocell369 can be added to cooked asparagus to boost the antioxidant levels even more whilst providing essential fatty acids, Omega 3 and Omega 6.
- Taking Omegabiocell369 alongside a healthy diet can help to enhance Omega 3 intake whilst also strengthening the cell membrane structure to cell signaling, regulating inflammation, and contributing to energy metabolism.