Are you lacking energy? Is it making you feel sluggish or affecting your mood & emotions?
Often when people are tired, they find themselves not being able to complete simple tasks to the best of their ability.
Our nutritionist Georgina explains some of these reasons below as to why you may be lacking energy, along with some top tips on ways you can change your lifestyle to help combat your energy levels.
Are you getting enough sleep?
Throughout your life, sleep plays a vital role in good health and well-being. Getting enough good-quality sleep can help protect your mental health, physical health, and quality of life.
Sleep also plays an essential role in maintaining your energy, with one of its main functions being to preserve energy. Energy expenditure (EE) is hypothesized to be lower during sleep versus wakefulness to reduce total daily energy needs.
Studies show an estimated reduction of up to 69% when comparing sleeping metabolic rate to wakefulness!
Top tips to help you sleep:
• Take one ampoule of Cellnutrition Isotonic in the evening, before bed. This helps with rehydration and prepares your body to remineralise & repair whilst you sleep.
• Have a warm bath or shower before bed, to relax & unwind.
• Get into bed 30 minutes before you want to fall asleep & switch off electrical devices.
Are you consuming enough food?
Food is your body’s fuel. Lack of nutrients can result in a lack of energy and fatigue. All the cells in your body require 78 minerals and essential fatty acids (EFA). They also run off glucose (the simplest form of carbohydrate). Inadequate food consumption can lead to low blood glucose levels and leave you deficient in certain essential nutrients. This will result in your cells not being able to function properly and can result in you feeling run down. Not fuelling your body with enough food can also affect your concentration levels as your brain cells need twice as much energy as the other cells in your body.
Top tips to help with your diet:
• Consume balanced meals throughout the day.
• Make sure you are consuming a range of macronutrients (protein, fat, and carbohydrates) and micronutrients (Minerals & Vitamins). Cellnutrition Hypertonic & Isotonic provide all 78 minerals & trace elements your cells require. This supports your cells as these minerals are depleted in food. In Hypertonic & Isotonic they are provided in a bioavailable and balanced form, supporting digestion and the absorption of other important nutrients from food, to optimise your cell’s function.
• Snack on whole foods such as fruit & nuts if you are hungry between meals, providing slow-releasing carbohydrates meaning the glucose is more slowly released into your body.
Are you consuming too much sugar?
Sugar is abundant in our diet and the overconsumption of sugar has led to an increase in certain health-related diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, dementia, and tooth decay. Although the consumption of sugar appears to initially raise energy levels, it can result in a “sugar high” that ends in a sharp drop in energy levels making you feel tired and sluggish.
Top tips to reduce your sugar intake:
• Avoid high consumption of refined sugars which are found in sweets, chocolate, cakes etc.
• Consume sugar dense snacks in moderation and try to consume more nutrient-rich snacks such as nuts, homemade smoothies or hummus & vegetable sticks.
• When you have sugar cravings, your cells may also be lacking certain minerals. Cellnutrition Hypertonic and Isotonic ampoules can help to restore mineral balance in the body as they provide the full spectrum of all 78 bioavailable minerals & trace elements, your cells require.
Are you feeling stressed?
Stress can affect your emotions, behaviour, thinking ability, and physical health. No part of the body is immune, but because people handle stress differently, the symptoms of stress can vary from individual to individual. One physical symptom of stress is low energy because when you are stressed your body can respond by mobilising your body’s energy stores to respond to a threatening situation.
Top tips to help reduce stress:
• Try adding some gentle exercise into your daily routine. Even a short walk will help clear your head and calm your body making you feel more relaxed and at ease.
• Focus on the positives of each day rather than any negatives.
• Try mindfulness or meditation.
Are you lacking essential Minerals and Trace Elements?
Minerals and trace elements play a vital role in energy production. The transformation of dietary energy sources (carbohydrates, fats and proteins), into cellular energy, requires several elements as coenzymes and cofactors for enzymatic reactions.
Furthermore, minerals & trace elements are important for energy production as they form structural components of enzymes and mitochondrial cytochromes, and act as active electron and proton carriers in the ATP-generating respiratory chain.
Insufficient intake of minerals & trace elements can impair hydration & energy production resulting in symptoms of tiredness and lack of energy.
How Cellnutrition can help
Cellnutrition Hypertonic & Isotonic is harvested 30M below plankton blooms in the ocean, providing all 78 bioavailable minerals & trace elements your cells require in a 100% natural solution.
Hypertonic is of a high concentration, meaning the minerals are quickly absorbed and utilised by your cells. It can help increase your energy levels whilst supporting protein synthesis, adrenal function, cellular division, remineralization, and bone formation. Hypertonic can have an instantaneous revitalizing effect, helping to increase alertness.
Isotonic is of a concentration that mirrors your blood plasma. It is more slowly absorbed by your cells, supporting immunity, digestion and restoration at night.
Try taking one ampoule of Hypertonic in the morning and one ampoule of Isotonic in the evening helps to mineralise & revitalise your cells.
Small changes can make a big change.
Try our tips to increase your energy levels and let us know your feedback @Cellnutrition
We love to hear your feedback!